Monday, October 31, 2011

Our first Halloween in the City!

Our day started with a Halloween Party at Child's Play. Child's Play is a playgroup that only parents or grandparents can attend (no nannies!)  So far this fall there have really only been KPMG moms, which has been a lot of fun. Andrew picked out his costume a few weeks ago when we were home in Maryland, and I had to find Ryan a matching costume. Hotdog and Hamburger Boys! The costumes were really cute. We had a our friends Adela the witch, Jacob the fireman, and Carly the Dalmatian to play with.










We had to leave Child's Play a few minutes early so we could get to Andrew's party at school. Siblings weren't allowed, so my friend Mary (her husband is in the DPP rotation too-Dennis, who Andrew calls Dentist:), came over to play with Ryan. Andrew wasn't crazy about the party. It was VERY loud and all the kids from the enrichment program were there. They did some cute crafts, iced cupcakes (all good with him) but then sang, and he was not digging that. They then did trick or treating around the school, and he didn't like it AT ALL. He came back half-crying "I didn't get any candy!! Just toys!!"

Some friends from school
 Then, finally we got to go trick or treating! Our building did a little parade around the outside and then you were free to go. If you wanted to hand out candy, you put a sign on your door. So, we rode the elevator to the top and would hit a floor (Andrew would run around and tell Mary and I if there were any signs) and run down the steps to the next floor. After the very first handful went into Ryan's bag, he was going crazy for candy. So, I think by the end of the night he had had 4 or 5 lollipops! He finally starting reaching in near the end, and Andrew got scolded once for taking too much candy! They come by in honestly!
Bet you didn't know hot dogs could be scary!





This is the super of the building. Andrew likes him.


Knock knock!!



Our friend Mary



I am out!!!

They had a great time! I miss them doing it with friends, but maybe next year. I think there mission was accomplished!

No comments:

Post a Comment