It's a subway train party! We celebrated Julian's birthday a few days early with Grammy, Papa, our friends the Peters and the Doughertys. We had a friend do this theme a few years ago and I have seen some cute stuff since. I didn't go all out though (sorry J!) because there just isn't room!
At 1, Julian can say Mama, Dada and cat. And a lot of grunts. He points and helps turn on the lights, crawls to the door and waves when he is ready to go or I talk about leaving, cries when people leave him, can make vroom noises with cars, chases Fasbee, loves to be chased himself, loves the remote, telephone, balls and balloons, pulling books off the shelves and pulling things off doors. He loves to brush his teeth and to dance. He has really started mimicking the boys too. The one thing he does NOT like, is when Chris tells him NO. Lips out, pouting, and lots of tears.I don't remember the other boys still being able to do this at 1, but he is chomping down on those bad boys!
The best we could get....
Happy 1st Birthday Julian! We love you!
Mackenzie and Andrew having a staring contest. I think Mackenzie won!
Beers, anyone?
Quinn was all about the hats
My cake making skills have drastically diminished since welcoming Julian. But he didn't mind.
Chris has always been an open-mouthed feeder to his baby birds
Kathy and Mackenzie
Dennis and Mackenzie
These are some of our dearest friends since we have moved into the city. Dennis and Jeremy both work with Chris and we have had a great time getting to know them and watching the kiddos grow. It will be hard to leave these folks!
Chris got Julian a tiny cupcake on his actual birthday and the child demolished it. In about 5 seconds.
Julian is into MUCH more than I remember the other boys being. Maybe it is because everything is in such a small space, but regardless, holy smokes. BUSY, BUSY, BUSY. Pulls all those million + books down EVERY single day. Loves being twirled by Andrew too.
Look how much this little baby hand has grown. He has done this while he nurses since day 1. He always holds my finger. It is so sweet.
No comments:
Post a Comment