Sunday, May 19, 2013

The MET

After church we decided to brave the rain and head into the MET.  We recently found out that KPMG members and families get in free so why not! It is AMAZING. We probably only saw about 1/10th of it because it is so big, and because we have unruly children. 
Some pyramid pieces that you could walk into 






The knights were really cool. They were also doing Studio Sundays so we got to draw and etch in metal. It was very cool.








 If you look closely you will see all the letters for Ryan's name-in no particular order. I have no idea where that came from!




Some of the best parts of our visit:
 Everytime Andrew saw a painting or sculpture of a lady he would "wootwoo" it
Julian woke up and decided RIGHTTHEN that he was hungry-as we were trying to get lunch in a restaurant in the MET. He proceeded to scream and scream and scream and scream (nothing I could do until we paid and sat…)I could FEEL the stares
Ryan pointed out naked sculptures' hineys to me
Ryan climbed on a sculpture because it is similar to one they have in CP that you CAN climb on
Ryan stepped on a "do not touch" and some sirens started going off

They really made the trip more entertaining. Who said kids shouldn't go to a museum?! Chris and I are going to head back-sans kids!!

No comments:

Post a Comment