Thursday, May 2, 2013

Andrew is 6!!

Where have the last six years gone?!? I can hardly believe that we are even old enough to have a SIX year old. This last year has been such a growing year for Andrew. He is the perfect kind, caring, fairly patient older brother. He loves to teach Ryan things ("here Ryan, repeat the words after me, what letter is that-good…good..) He comes home almost daily with a new letter, card, or drawing he has made for someone in our family. He is reading up a storm. He LOVES his hot wheel cars. And sugar. He hasn't changed from the home body little two year old he was four years ago.  He still has a massive imagination and is passing it on to Ryan. He is very sensitive and emotional(all from Chris I say…) He has had a few difficult times as well, but I am hoping it is just him trying to find his place in this thing we call life. He is such a a loving, sweet boy who generally wants to please others. I thank God everyday for this sweet boy.

Andrew woke up to his top present at the foot of his bed! A new Switch and Go Dino
                                                            Birthday Pancakes


We all got to go into the classroom to do a birthday craft. We made pipe cleaner bracelets and then they do a birthday circle. Each child gets to say something about the birthday boy. It was very sweet listening to those who did say something.






After school we headed to Carl Schurz park where Andrew got to invite 6 friends. We played on the playground for awhile before heading down to a grassy area for pizza and cake. Oh, the differences in a city party!






Not the best cake this year. I won't go into details, but it wasn't pretty and I wanted to toss it in the trash. It tasted delicious though!

Like our makeshift pizza box and roaster table?








He was one tired boy once we got home and opened presents! Can't believe he is 6!! We love you to the moon and back Andrew!


No comments:

Post a Comment