Here was momma 3 days before (40weeks) -literally about to POP
Around 3pm I started having contractions. They were pretty painless-but very consistent. Every three to eight minutes and lasting between 30-90 seconds. Around 8:30 I called the doctor just to ask what I should do because they really weren't bad. She said since I was 3 cm at my last appointment to go ahead and come in and plan on staying. I started getting our stuff ready and called a few friends to see who could come once we got to the hospital and mom could come up. At 9pm the doctor called me back to ask where I was because she was worried I had delivered in the lobby or something. I said, no, we are on our way-just taking my time. I told Chris I felt silly going because I really wasn't in that much pain. So, we got to the hospital and got checked in and I was only 4cm. This was me.
But, my blood pressure was high so they wouldn't let me go home because the only answer to that is to deliver. The doctor said this baby is ready to come out! I told her (not my regular OB) that my doctor was a bit worried about the size of the baby and the shoulders. She told me she didn't think from feeling my belly that they baby was bigger than 8.5lbs. I was super upset because after being induced with the boys I really thought I wanted to go completely on my own. The doctor said she would just break my water and let me walk around to do the rest, etc unless nothing happened overnight. She said she would be back in a few hours to check me and see where to go from there. That was at 1040pm. I called Mom and told her I would call her back when they checked me and she could head up then, because it was useless to come now. By 1130 I thought I was going to die. This was Chris.
My contractions were so close together I could barely breathe through them. I was able to walk around and go to the bathroom but it took years to go because I could barely move once I got there. I came out around 1145 and said to Chris, I need the epidural, I am in major pain. We called the nurse, but there was someone in front of me becoming pain free. By the time they came in and left it was 1:05am. I wasn't getting ANY relief and couldn't even cry if I wanted. The doctor came in and said, no relief because that baby is ready to make an appearance. I started pushing at 127am and after a few pushes the doctor called for back up for shoulder dystocia. My epidural never took so they loaded some more drugs around 145 and he was born with some nurses lying on my belly to help deliver at 151am. Perfectly healthy and happy. VERY BIG. And a third BOY!! We are so in love with this little (BIG) munchkin.
9lbs 15.6 oz, 21inches, 151am.
The wonderful Dr. Sharma. She said if she would have known how big, she would have suggested a c-section.
Grammy Dottie and Papa Don took the train up to see Julian
Mary came to visit in the hospital and brought yummy treats for Mommy
We only ended up staying one night because we were in a shared room and it was just strange. New hospital rules wouldn't allow the boys to come in because of the heightened flu season so we introduced them to Julian via FaceTime
No comments:
Post a Comment