Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Happy New Year!

We got to celebrate New Years this year with some of our neighbors (although I somehow missed an adult picture!) 

 I have had these champagne flutes forever and decided just to make these for the kids. No one cared for the sparkling cider in it though. And little New Years hats out of Ritz and marshmallows.













2014 was a year of many changes for our family.  I always thought our move to NYC was one of the hardest adjustments of my adult life, but moving back has proved to be almost as difficult. We have been back six months and we are still adjusting.  When we were in the city without any family, you really learn to rely on yourselves and your friendships. Your friends really do become your family (and not that we had a ton of friends, don't let me fool you, but we had a few good friends, and that is all that matters). We left suburbia with a 4 year old and an 18 month old, and returning with a 7, 4.5 and 17 month old posed an entirely new set of learning obstacles for me as a parent and a friend. A new job for Chris and a commute, which we had not dealt with for three years, was another lesson in itself. I know as the school year progresses and friends are made for both the kids and Chris and I that things will settle into our new "normal." It has been great being back with family and I know the boys love seeing their Grammy, Papa and uncles more frequently.  
We hope 2015 keeps you all healthy and happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment