Sunday, January 6, 2013

Ryan at 3 years old





Ryan was not excited about going to the doctor for his checkup. I am not sure what had him so scared, but he did actually let them weigh him (without me! Woohoo!) and do his height and blood pressure (all while promising a lollipop too…) He cracked me up when the doctor came in though. He was out of his funk and the doctor drew pictures of a circle, square and triangle and asked him to tell him what shapes they were. Ryan answered, oval, don't know and christmas tree. I thought, geez, he does at least know his shapes! Hah.
At 3, Ryan is 37 inches and 30.5 pounds.
~He obviously LOVES the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (thanks, Dennis D:)
~He loves books. He will tell you he can't read yet and doesn't know the letters, but loves to look at them and asks you to "talk about the pages."
~He loves to help in the kitchen and watch football. Now if I could just get him to use the toilet…
~He still loves almost all foods. I hope it never changes.
~He pretty much hates having his picture taken (how is he mine?!)
~He has the same hawk like memory that Andrew had at 3. When Dottie was here a few weeks ago I told him I was going by the grocery store while I ran errands. He kept asking me if I was going to see the "at." I couldn't for the life of me think of what he was saying (he does leave off a fair amount of consonants). Finally, I remembered that about a month prior we had gone to the store and they had a huge inflatable rat for construction guys protesting. Rat, yes, might be near the store.
~He is hilarious. After wearing a thermal/waffle shirt under his Ravens jersey one day, he wanted to remove it  and just wear his jersey. Mama, he said, can you take off my pancake shirt.  Waffles/Pancakes…they are both yummy syrupy breakfast foods right?! One morning he also kept asking if I had a horsey tail that day. Can I see your horsey tail, etc. Finally I said, you mean my ponytail?
~He is SUPER, SUPER finicky. The ONLY way something can be done is HIS way. The ONLY way. PERIOD. PERIOD AGAIN.
~When he is in a good mood, he is super sweet to his family and worries about his friends.
~Even though baby #3 isn't here, he is a super goob/acts just like stereotypical middle child.
~Sucks his thumb more now than ever. We will have to worry about this one with the potty training…at a later date.
~He is crazy about Andrew, Andrew's toys, and Andrew's friends. I don't think that will ever change.

No comments:

Post a Comment