Thursday, November 22, 2012

Not quite the Thanksgiving we had in mind...

After the fun-filled balloon inflation and dinner at friends, we headed back to sleep at Mary's. Andrew had had a bit of a bug earlier in the week but nothing major. Ryan had caught it, but again, just some intestinal stuff.  At about 115am he started crying that his belly hurt. The crying turned to screaming. And screaming. And screaming. I couldn't calm him down or anything. Chris finally came out around 2 and then around 220 decided he really thought we should take him to the ER. I got dressed and headed out to catch a cab and made it to the hospital just shy of 3. Of course he was asleep by this point, but we wanted to make sure there weren't any intestinal issues. Sonograms, x-rays, and three hours later it was decided that it must just be gas pains. He and I headed home while Andrew and Chris went to the parade.
 This was around 5 am, when he finalllllly fell asleep after all the test. One of the worst parts was that during his x-ray I couldn't even go in so two strangers held him down. Besides being a serious momma's boy, he was beyond tired. I felt so bad for him.
Here were a few pictures Chris took during the parade. They got out there a little before 7 and were still about 30 people deep. Andrew seemed to enjoy it though.








We ended up eating Thanksgiving just the four of us-not our normal full blown meal but it was still yummy and nice that we were at least all together. 



                    Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving!! We have so much to be thankful for!

No comments:

Post a Comment