We have been talking about a 10 year anniversary trip since…maybe year one. So about two weeks ago, we booked a trip to Hawaii! The boys went to stay with Don and Dottie and we got to relax, sleep, eat, eat some more, and read. It was wonderful.
We had a direct flight out-but it was 10.5 hours. Chris and I both read a book on the flight.Look at this cute little bottle of dressing that came with my overpriced salad on the plane. It was so cute I wanted to save it!
Almost there!!
We got in at 1130 pm NY time. By the time we got our rental and drove up to the North Shore, it was 2am. I was dead.
The beautiful view from our room!
Our resort was Turtle Bay on the North Shore and there were turtles EVERYWHERE. It was really cool, and they were HUGE!
The cottages from 'Forgetting Sarah Marshall'
Our Ride for the week-
We drove around in circles looking for this restaurant on yelp the morning we drove into Honolulu. We finally got there and there was a line out the door. Chris was hangry (hungry+angry) and didn't want to stay but I insisted. These waffles and omelet (eggplant parmesan) were delicious!
I vaguely remembered hiking up Diamond Head when we visited when I was 13. I could do it everyday for these views though.
These 99 steps were then followed by a winding staircase. This would be an awesome leg day workout!
We drove home up the east side of the coast and saw some beautiful sites. This is China Mans hat. Or as Chris said, a big pile of poo in the middle of the ocean.
This is what happens if you don't wash your hand after sunless tanner sunscreen.
These were, as Chris said, "Some of the best short ribs I have ever had." He got them once more on the trip.
And then we headed back out for sunset
We drove down to Wimea Falls for a hike. Chris got to enjoy beautiful freezing waterfall swimming.
That is Chris waving-
No comments:
Post a Comment