Swim practice is EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. So, we are at the pool A LOT! It has been really great for Ryan too though, as he is gaining a lot of confidence
Gearing up for the first backstroke of his first year. He told me afterwards he never wanted to do that AGAIN!
We swam against our friend Joey (these boys go back to birth!)
Pool fun with our friends Kendall, Wyatt and Charlotte
Telling secrets while waiting
The cheering/sit around and do nothing for 98% of the swim meets crowd!
I only have a mental picture, but a cute story. Ryan has been practicing a lot to pass our deep end swim test. You have to swim back and forth twice the width of the pool and then tread water for one minute. He and Andrew ran by me one day and told me Ryan was going to take the test. I didn't say anything because I really didn't think Ryan could tread that long, but I know they can surprise me, and you never know which lifeguard you will get. Andrew jumped in the pool and swam right beside Ryan the entire way and then kept treading with him every second. It was one of the sweetest things. He didn't pass, and actually has no desire to try again right now "because treading water is dumb," but I'll never forget seeing that act of brotherly love.

What a great post Ashley! I love the story about love and never quitting! You are raising some amazing boys!!!
ReplyDelete