Monday, April 15, 2013

Aunt Sue visits!

Sue made her way to NYC! She had never been before so we really wanted to show her around…BUT, it poured rain ALL day long on her first day. So we did lots of playing and chatting instead.







We decided to head down to the Weekend Today Show to see if we could get in on the excitement! Did we ever-there wasn't anyone there and we got to move around from segment to segment. Lester Holt, Jenna Wolfe, Erica Hill and one other were the anchors for the show. We didn't get to get any pictures with them directly, but I got some pretty decent ones with my phone. 








 Once we got home we watched ourselves on the show and saw ourselves numerous times! I will say that maternity coat I was wearing added about 20 pounds:) Here was a shot a friend sent me via text.  It was a cool 15 seconds of fame for Sue and I!
After the show we headed into Central Park. We took her by Belvedere Castle, over Bow Bridge, by Bethesda Fountain and through part of the Mall. Trees are starting to bloom! Spring is on its way!!











 We finally donated some money and the boys got to each try out the ginormous bubbles. This is always fascinating.





                                                      They are INSIDE the bubble!


 These breakdancers were really cool

 We see the ballerina mime quite often. Sue wasn't too keen on her though-she didn't want to be in the picture.
 After almost two years here we finally decided to rent boats. I know why we haven't before-the kids liked it for about…8 minutes...


                     
                                   So glad you got to come visit Sue! See you soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment