Sunday, August 7, 2011

One month down!!


We have officially been in the city for one month now…somedays it seems MUCH longer, others like we just arrived.
Before we ventured back to Baltimore for a few days, we made it to the Toys R Us flagship store in Times Square.  There is a ferris wheel INSIDE the store, which Andrew thought was awesome and told everyone about. These pictures are on the ride, even though its hard to tell.


We were home for a few days and Andrew, Ryan and I got to visit with Aunt Betty's puppies.  The boys were IN LOVE, at least when Ryan wasn't trying to stomp on their tails. Then we got to help with Aunt Linda's horses.

I absolutely love this picture. 




This is what happens when Andrew goes to time out and there isn't anywhere to put him. Our time out spot is in the "hallway" if you will. Ryan always wants to join him and cry along with him.
 We checked out a new park that Andrew wasn't really crazy about, but they did have some spraying elephants.


I was dying to check out Pinkberry, but I don't know if I'll need to head back. 16 Handles is much yummier:)

We made it to the American Museum of Natural History yesterday and had a fun time. Ryan lasted longer than I thought he would, but we did buy a membership so we could go back as often as we want to.  You could easily spend hours in here and we look forward to going back with visitors!
















This is what happens when you are really hungry with a Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich

Andrew did ask this week if there was grass anywhere in NYC. There aren't really a lot of grassy areas right around us.  My favorite quote of the week though was when I called a gym. I asked if they had childcare. She said "huh?" I replied, babysitting? She said in her SUPER snotty voice, "this is a gym."  I said, I know, while you work out, do you have childcare, babysitting.  And she said, um, no…Obviously she had never heard of childcare in a gym.  Who would  have thought moms may want to exercise?!?(and not have their nannies in tow!)
Again, I apologize to those of you that keep getting the venting call. Even though there is so much to do here, some of it is a bit challenging with the kids. It is a very kid friendly area, but they were definitely thought of AFTER the fact. One market I can't take the single stroller in because it won't fit through the checkout (just like half the lanes at Wegmans with your cart-you guys know what I am talking about?) The store I like the most (that I did get the groceries delivered finally), I have to collapse the stroller when I get there and leave it at customer service if I need a cart, because there isn't anywhere to keep it. Most people just get a few things, which I am getting used to, but sometimes you just need to get more than a handheld basket.  The same goes with the gym I am joining-I have to collapse the stroller to get up the steps into the gym and leave it behind the front desk. Then the "childcare" is in the aerobics room upstairs with some toys in the closet. They pull out whatever you may want that day to play with. It is so foreign from our whole play areas.
We are looking forward to seeing some familiar faces this week and weekend! And we have cousin Sam's play to see in the Fringe Festival! Soo cool!



No comments:

Post a Comment