Friday, January 26, 2018

The FLU

 It started with a call from the school nurse that Ryan had a 103 fever....I knew he had strep or the flu...
 and it was the flu.  We kept stressing to STAY away...but I think it had already been passed, so two days later little Miss got it...

 Later on in the afternoon after she was diagnosed and they had prescribed tamiflu, that she threw right up of course, she couldn't keep anything down and her temperature was wavering at 104. By this time, Chris and I also had the flu, but decided to take her in thinking they may give her fluids.
 Long story short, they wouldn't redose her (just an FYI-if you ever go to the ER, TAKE your own medicine so you can walk out and take it if they won't/too long of a wait, etc...) By the time they dosed her, the did a suppository, it was so high and dropped so fast she had a febrile seizure. I am sure Dottie and I are perfectly okay to NEVER relive that moment again. They decided to keep us and make sure nothing else was wrong, etc...We went home 24 hours later and about 3 days later she was perking back up to her normal self. What a scare!

 Like she was really going to sleep in this jail...





                                          So pitiful!



No comments:

Post a Comment