These are not in the best order, but I'll try to describe! The flight was a lot of fun. They flew us business class so we had the reclining chair/beds with pillows, blankets, full service, etc.
This was our favorite thing to pop up-"before reaching the North Pole, connectivity may not be available..."
Our first day we headed the Forbidden City. We took a cab from our hotel because the air quality is so bad they don't really recommend you walking too far. When I say very few people at the Forbidden City spoke English...I mean that. We were turned around and had to buy tickets...it was pretty comical. It was also a Saturday so was SUPER crowded.
When we left there we tried to get in a cab and handed the driver our hotel card. He told us 100 yuan. It had cost 25 to get there, so Chris tried to negotiate, he said no..so we got out. We walked towards the subway, figured out how to buy a ticket and which direction we were going, and made it back! Success!
Day Two was a group tour to the Great Wall and the Ming Tombs.
You can just tell from these pictures how incredibly overcast/smoggy it is. We did have some sun the next day, which would have been a great day to be here, but oh well. It was pretty amazing.
It was so fun to have our friends Cady and Travis there with us. There was a huge group from NYC, but I only really knew three of those families, which was fun to have there as well.
Showing some Clemson Pride
Ming Tombs-
Jade Factory. Chris was on a hunt to find the most expensive thing
This necklace was $8000, made out of black jade.
So, someone told me I didn't need an adapter since we were staying in a Western Hotel. They were wrong. I borrowed an adapter, but not a converter, and this happened. I gave myself a beautiful new layer:) And had to buy a new beachwaver once we returned home as well.
The first night was a welcoming party at the Phoenix Center, and I only took three photos!
These masks were left in our room. I only wore one this day, but chris really should have as the air really bothered him.
That is a restaurant called Chopsticks behind us.
A public toilet. No toilet paper and sometimes there were no doors. After a few places someone told us to use the handicap for a full size and there was a roll in the main part of the bathroom you could grab some to go in with!
The second night was a fun Gala dinner with a great band and lots of dancing!
Summer Palace
It was a really cool trip and definitely not one that was ever on our bucket list so I am so glad we got to go. Many thanks to Mom, Dottie and Don for watching our kiddos for 7 days! I know you were exhausted:)
No comments:
Post a Comment