Monday, August 22, 2016

Skating, waterfalls, tubing, glass blowing oh my!

After Chris started in NYC each week and was home all summer, I knew I had to keep the boys and myself from going stir crazy!
Skating was first on the list. Julian was over it in about 3 minutes. Maybe next year! Ryan hated it at first, but came around by the end and was doing decent. Andrew had gone once before and was back at it in no time. I don't know that I have skated in 22 years, but it came back pretty quickly.




 With Chris home on the weekend we headed up to the Gunpowder to tube (how have we missed this? Pat had been going with friends and suggested we go.) The boys had so much fun.


 Just a little backwards name writing...
 We headed up to Falling Branch Falls/Kilgore Falls in Harford County for a few hours of fun. Andrew could have stayed all day and was very into jumping off the rocks. The water was very low though and FREEZING, so it made me a little nervous...














A family friend that Chris grew up with, Timmy McFadden, owns McFadden Art Glass and is INCREDIBLY talented. He has done work for places all over. And, he has two little boys so he is amazing at teaching/educating the kids. I don't have pictures of their finished work, but Andrew made a paper weight, Ryan an icicle and Julian backed out after started a spoon rest.














                                                  The beginnings of a crab!

                                                Trip to the Science Center









                                               Racing go-karts and mini-golf















No comments:

Post a Comment