Sunday, February 21, 2016

Disney Glass Slipper Challenge

Last summer I somehow agreed to run the Disney Glass Slipper Challenge (10K the first day, half-marathon the next) with my sister and a few of her friends. I forgot how much I enjoyed running:) I was definitely burnt out by the time February rolled around, but it was a fun experience and if one of the boys ever wants to do it I'll gladly train again with them.


 We spent Friday at Magic Kingdom after the Expo. It was very different being there without kids!



The races start at 530 so that everyone is out of the park before the parks open. That means getting up at 245 to board buses by 330 and then just WAITING forever for the race to start. My time wasn't accepted (kind of because I submitted late) so I was in the last corral which really stunk. But, once we got moving it was fun!






 She really did talk all about Rapunzel and talk like her


 After the 10K we headed to brunch at Chef Mickeys-

 Saturday was all about relaxing after Chef Mickeys...I read and did NOTHING...

Another early morning for the half marathon with these two Minnies





 So proud of my sister doing her first half marathon the day AFTER a 10K!! It was pretty hard, I won't lie. My legs were toast at 4 miles...and I still had 9.2 to go!
 Bad quality because I stole it off the site, but I love this picture in front of the castle!
Since the race, I haven't run a single day (sprints a few times, but not a SINGLE run)...I can't decide if that is sad or not! I definitely miss my long runs that I was getting to do with some friends I don't see often, but I apparently needed a break! Next girls trip, nothing planned at 245 AM:)

No comments:

Post a Comment