Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Halloween at the Park, Pumpkin Carving and Painting and Halloween

We had a whirlwind Halloween celebration over the course of a few days. Our friend Dennis told Andrew about six weeks ago that he should be a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle. Andrew came home and told me right away that was what he wanted to be. I asked, "do you even know who they are?" He did not, so after I showed him some he chose the blue one. Ryan didn't want to be one, he kept telling me he wanted to be a lollipop.  UNTIL that is, Andrew got his and tried it on. Then Ryan was pretty adamant about being the red one. For the last few weeks, Ryan has put his costume on multiple times EVERY day. And kicks. And screams "I'm da ed nina tuwtle (I am the red ninja turtle). 
First up was a Halloween Party at one of the local parks, Carl Schurz.  A lot of Andrew's classmates were there so they loved it. 




Next we had some pumpkin carving fun.  Neither boy really wanted to dig into the pumpkin this year so Chris and I ended up doing most the work. They did sticker decorate a few pumpkins.




These carvings are a three stack pumpkin and the pig from angry birds.
Ryan had to take some time out to read about his body after carving pumpkins.

Next up was to paint the belly. When I was pregnant with Ryan I dressed up as the cat who ate the bird so this time we wanted to do something the boys could help with-a great big pumpkin!


On Halloween night we ventured out to 78th street where everyone told us the getting was good. They had amazing decorations and I wish I would have taken some more. Andrew knew the drill and was on top of getting his basket full. Ryan was a bit scared of some of the decorations and just wanted people to place the candy in his basket.


                               Ryan also wanted to carry each piece after it was given to him.






After a dinner break we went around our building for a little bit.  A good thing about trick or treating in a building-you can do it rain or shine!  And no coats!







After we were finished the boys played in the hall with our neighbor as they gobbled up some candy. Hopefully the candy rush is over until next year!


No comments:

Post a Comment